This iconic site saw its first championships back in 1877, with numerous extensions and additions over the years. The vast majority of the site over the decades has benefitted from the installation of semi-dry cast concrete block paving however, the AELTC recognised and wished to address the fact that such paving was becoming ‘tired’ and de-stabilised with significant incidence of weed growth etc on the paving periphery.
Resiblock’s team of technicians worked closely with the All England Lawn and Tennis Club culminating in numerous site trials taking place in early 2011. The site trials were subsequently approved and now significant areas of the existing small element flexibly laid paving have been lifted, re-instated and sealed with Resiblock Resiecco.
Resiblock Resiecco is a one pack material; it is broadcast over the surface of the paving with simplistic tools and does not require any specialist labour. It will bind the paver jointing sand preventing its erosion from trafficking, natural elements and manmade cleaning regimes.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Prevents joint sand loss from cleaning regimes
- Significantly reduces staining by food and drink
- Virtually eliminates residual staining of chewing gum oils.
- Inhibits the growth of weeds and grass in the joints
- Solvent-free, environmentally-friendly.
- Project name: Wimbledon, SW19
- Client: All England Lawn Tennis Club
- Contractor: John Cox - Building and Services
- Site: All England Lawn and Tennis Club, Wimbledon, SW19
- Project: Wimbledon -AELTC
- Area: Existing CBP throughout site
- Paver type: Concrete Block Paving
- Product/s: Resiblock Resiecco
- Date: March 2012
- Download PDF