Waltham Cross, New Town Centre
In January 2019 works started for Broxbourne Council to transform the vehicle turning areas south of the Eleanor Cross Monument into a high-quality family friendly town square. The works form part of the major regeneration programme for the area which will help tell the story of Queen Eleanor’s funeral procession in 1290, from Lincoln to her final resting place in Westminster Abbey.
With the area to be used for both Community Events and Specialist Markets, the key challenges for Broxbourne Council were to ensure that a sealer was selected that would provide long term protection of the pavers, prevention of sand erosion which would lead to paver destabilisation as well as food and stain protection.
Following rigorous testing against other competitors in the market, Resiblock Ultra Matt batted away the competition by outperforming the rest in all of the council’s criteria. Resiblock were also able to show the previous success of Resiblock Ultra Matt, following the successful sealing works of sites such as Silver Street for Leicester City Council and Disneyland Hong Kong.
Benefits at a Glance:
- One pack material
- Prevents sand erosion from paver joint
- Prevents the ingress of water and fuel spillage to sand laying course
- Maintains structural stability under heavy duty trafficking
- Elastomeric bond works in tandem with paver system
- Case Study
- Project name: Waltham Cross, New Town Centre
- Client: Broxbourne Council
- Contractor: Danaher & Walsh
- Site: Waltham Cross, New Town Centre, South of Eleanor Cross Monument
- Project: Waltham Cross, New Town Centre
- Area: 1,850m²
- Paver type: Granite Block Paving
- Product/s: Resiblock Ultra Matt
- Date: July 2019
- Download PDF