University of Copenhagen, Denmark
The University if Copenhagen was founded in 1479 and ranked among the top 50 Universities in the world. It boasts 8 alumni becoming Nobel Laureates and one Turing Award recipient. The Faculty of Social Sciences hosts new state of the art lecture theatres served by a 550m2 atrium paved with flexibly laid concrete flags. Serving thousands of students on a weekly basis, cleaning regimes quickly resulted in erosion of jointing sand; further the paver surface was becoming heavily stained.
Following consultations with Resiblock’s Danish Distributor, Resiblock Resiecco was trialled, subsequently approved and installed.
Resiblock Resiecco is a one pack material; it is broadcast over the surface of the paving with simplistic tools and does not require any specialist labour. It will bind the paver jointing sand preventing its erosion from cleaning regimes including vacuum sweeping and pressure washing, further providing an excellent degree of stain protection.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Prevents joint sand loss from cleaning regimes
- Significantly reduces staining by food and drink
- Virtually eliminates residual staining of chewing gum oils.
- Solvent-free, environmentally-friendly.
- Case Study
- Project name: University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Client: University of Copenhagen
- Contractor: Dansk Forseglings Teknik Aps
- Site: Faculty of Social Sciences Atrium
- Project: Univeristy of Copenhagen
- Area: 500m²
- Paver type: Smooth Ground Concrete Flags 450mm x 450mm
- Product/s: Resiblock Resiecco
- Date: December 2012
- Download PDF