St Laurence’s Church, Reading
St Laurence’s Church has existed for nearly 900 years, however since the 1980’s the Church Yard wall and footpath has been in need of repair after the wall began to bulge dangerously. Work to fully restore the Grade Two listed Churchyard wall in The Forbury started in early February 2015, this included reparation works to the footpath with existing pavers being lifted and re-laid with the addition of newly laid Clay Block Paving. Now fully repaired, Reading Borough Council have finally been able to re-open the footpath alongside the graveyard which has greatly improved pedestrian access to the town centre and Reading Station.
Reading Borough Council were anxious to stop the sand filled joints from eroding from the footpath, causing the Clay pavers to lift, leading to potential pedestrian trip hazards. Protection against chewing gum, drinks and foodstuffs was also a requirement.
Resiblock offered from its significant range of specialist paving sealers, Resiblock Resiecco, a water based solvent free paving sealer suitable for both internal and external application. The same is used at sites such as Manchester United Football Club and the O2 Arena in London. The product when applied to the paving will stabilise the jointing sand preventing its erosion from both natural elements i.e. wind, rain etc. and manmade forces such as pressure washing and vacuum sweeping providing effectively maintenance-free paving. Furthermore, the product provides an excellent barrier against staining from drink, food stuffs and chewing gum etc.
Resiblock Resiecco is a one pack material; it is broadcast over the surface of the paving with simplistic tools and does not require any specialist labour. It will bind the paver jointing sand preventing its erosion from cleaning regimes including vacuum sweeping and pressure washing, further providing an excellent degree of stain protection. It will also inhibit the growth of weeds and grasses within the sand filled joints.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Prevents joint sand loss from natural elements and manmade forces
- Significantly reduces staining by food and drink
- Virtually eliminates residual staining of chewing gum oils.
- Inhibits the growth of weeds and grasses in the joints.
- Solvent-free, environmentally-friendly.
- Project name: St Laurence’s Church, Reading
- Client: Reading Borough Council
- Contractor: Fergal Contractors Ltd
- Site: St Laurence's Church, The Forbury, Reading
- Project: St Laurence's Church, Reading
- Area: 220m²
- Paver type: Clay Block Paving
- Product/s: Resiblock Resiecco
- Date: August 2015
- Download PDF