Rainsford High Technology College
£27m College extension & refurbishment scheme (part of the Government’s “building Schools for the future” initiative). The project included the specification of concrete block paving to the main internal foyer of the college.
Given the very high traffic footfall and the cleaning regimes to be employed it was identified at an early stage of this project that this paving area would require sealing to stabilise the jointing sand and provide stain protection.
Initially the client sought advice from the paving manufacture and was subsequently referred to Resiblock. The brief was not only to provide an effective solution but also ensure the product was suitable for application in an internal sensitive area such as a school foyer.
Resiblock Resiecco was specified, a specialist one pack water-based paving sealer which stabilises the jointing sand, preventing its erosion from heavy duty cleaning regimes, whilst providing significant stain protection to the surface of the paving. Once cured, it remains fully elastomeric thereby accommodating the small elastic deflections incorporated with the pavement design.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Prevents sand loss from cleaning regimes & heavy footfall
- Significantly reduces staining by food & drink & eliminates residual chewing gum stains
- Water-based (solvent-free) environmentally friendly sealer that can be used both externally & internally and in sensitive area such as colleges, schools & shopping centres
- Project name: Rainsford High Technology College
- Client: St Helens Metropolitan Borough Council
- Contractor: Westoak Construction Ltd
- Site: Rainsford High Technology, St Helens, Merseyside
- Project: Internal Foyer - Rainsford High Technology College
- Area: 200m²
- Paver type: Marshall Keyblock
- Product/s: Resiblock Resiecco
- Date: February 2013
- Download PDF