Ocean Beach Pleasure Park
Ocean Beach Pleasure Park the largest amusement park in the North East with 40+ rides and attractions. The pleasure park is an important part of Sunderland’s heritage dating back to 1940. The park has benefitted from a significant refurbishment inclusive of the installation of concrete block paving.
Concern was expressed with regard to the erosion of jointing sand from the cleaning regimes, i.e. pressure washing and vacuum sweeping, leading to paver destabilisation and ultimately paving failure and associated increased maintenance costs.
Resiblock ‘22’ was specified, a one pack moisture cured specialist pre-polymer urethane paving sealer. Also utilised on Aircraft Aprons to prevent jointing sand erosion from aircraft movement.
Easy application, requires no specialist labour; Resiblock ‘22’ binds the jointing sand preventing its removal from both natural and manmade forces. It will inhibit weed and grass growth from the joint whilst providing a significant degree of stain protection. Once cured, it remains fully elastomeric thereby accommodating the small elastic deflections incorporated in the pavement design.
Benefits at a Glance:
- One pack material
- Prevents sand loss from cleaning regimes
- Inhibits the growth of weeds and grasses in the joints
- Virtually eliminates residual staining from chewing gum
- Maintains structural stability
- Case Study
- Project name: Ocean Beach Pleasure Park
- Client: Sunderland City Council
- Contractor: Eurovia
- Site: Ocean Beach Pleasure Park, Sunderland
- Project: Ocean Beach Pleasure Park
- Area: 5,500m²
- Paver type: Concrete Block Paving
- Product/s: Resiblock '22'
- Date: April 2015
- Download PDF