Clearwater Way, Lakeside Shopping Centre
Clearwater Way forms part of a £4,000,000 redevelopment package at Cardiff’s Lakeside Shopping Parade. The package is set to revitalise part of Cardiff’s shopping hub, with a first redevelopment of Lakeside Shopping Parade since its initial construction in the 1960’s.
As part of the plans, paving on Clearwater Way is set to be replaced, while an expansion of the covered walkway is set to be constructed to improve shopping experience and help with the installation of new shopping outlets.
Client Silver Crescent Developments were keen to ensure that the anticipated rise in footfall traffic would not lead to paver destabilisation caused by joint loss. There were also secondary concerns of jointing loss from the use of vacuum sweepers as part of the sites cleaning regimes.
Following consultations with Silver Crescent, Resiblock ‘22’ A.F was ultimately specified for use on site at Clearwater Way. Resiblock were able to showcase previous successes of the ‘22’ A.F product in shopping centre environments, following the use of the product at Guildhall Shopping Centre and Maidstone Public Realm, which left the client with no doubts that Resiblock were the sealing solution to use to ensure asset protection and a reduction in whole life costs.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Single component – fast cure, ensures rapid re-use of the facility
- Significantly reduces staining by food and drink
- Virtually eliminates residual staining by chewing gum oils
- Stabilises jointing sand and inhibits the growth of weeds and grass in joints
- Maintains performance life of pavement
- Project name: Clearwater Way, Lakeside Shopping Centre
- Client: Silver Crescent Developments
- Site: Clearwater Way, Lakeside Shopping Centre
- Project: Clearwater Parade, Cardiff
- Area: 600m2
- Paver type: Weinerberger Alder Supraton UWF Tumbled Clay 200x50mm
- Product/s: Resiblock 22AF
- Date: June 2023
- Download PDF