Castlepoint Shopping Centre
Castlepoint Shopping Centre in Bournemouth occupies a 41-arce site, opened to the public in October 2003, following major redevelopment of the site which had previously been occupied by The Hampshire Centre.
Concern was expressed about jointing sand erosion and paver de-stabilisation to the Car Parks concrete block paved areas from the high volumes of vehicular traffic, cleaning regimes (ranging from pressure washing to vacuum sweeping) and environmental elements.
Resiblock offered from its significant range of specialist paving sealers, Resiblock Resiecco, a water based solvent free paving sealer suitable for both internal and external application. The same is used at sites such as Manchester United Football Club and The O2 Arena, London. The product when applied to the paving will stabilise the jointing sand preventing its erosion from both natural elements i.e. wind, rain etc., as well as preventing erosion from manmade forces such as pressure washing and vacuum sweeping, providing effectively maintenance-free paving.
Resiblock Resiecco is a one pack material, it is broadcast over the surface of the paving with simplistic tools and does not require any specialist labour. It will bind the paver jointing sand preventing its erosion from trafficking, natural elements and manmade cleaning regimes.
Benefits at a Glance
- Prevents joint sand loss from cleaning regimes
- Significantly reduces staining by food and drink
- Virtually eliminates residual staining of chewing gum oils.
- Inhibits the growth of weeds and grass in the joints
- Solvent-free, environmentally-friendly
- Case Study
- Project name: Castlepoint Shopping Centre
- Client: Kier Construction
- Contractor: Interlock Paving Limited
- Site: Castlepoint Shopping Centre, Bournemouth
- Project: CastlePoint Shopping Centre
- Area: Car Parks
- Paver type: Concrete Block Paving
- Product/s: Resiblock Resiecco
- Date: April 2015
- Download PDF