Aldi Supermarket’s expansion in the UK continues unabated with new store openings of around 40 per annum with an interim target of 500 by the close of 2013. Aldi doesn’t compromise on quality for its customers and for the second year running has been awarded “Best Supermarket” by Which?
There is also no compromise when it comes to new store fit-out specifications and the Aldi property development team wanted to protect the external paving to ensure low-maintenance and long-term stain protection.
Having liaised with their consultants and investigated the sealers available, post trials Resiblock’s Resiecco was duly specified. It meet all the criteria, had proven longevity of performance in commercial applications & was environmentally friendly.
Resiblock Resiecco is a specialist one pack water-based paving sealer which stabilises the jointing sand, preventing its erosion from heavy duty cleaning regimes, whilst providing significant stain protection to the surface of the paving. Once cured, it remains fully elastomeric thereby accommodating the small elastic deflections incorporated with the pavement design.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Prevents jointing sand loss from cleaning regimes & heavy footfall
- Significantly reduces staining by food & drink & eliminates residual chewing gum stains
- Water-based (solvent-free) environmentally friendly sealer that can be used both externally & internally and in sensitive areas such as colleges, schools & shopping centres
New Stores Recently Sealed:
Baguley; Dunnington; Fazakerley; Gravesend; Hindley; Isle of White; Leamington Spa; Oldham; Prestatyn; Telford, Preston, Norwich, Kingsbury, Wath-upon-Dean, Swindon, Liverpool, Blackburn
- Project name: Aldi UK
- Client: Aldi Supermarket Company
- Contractor: Various
- Site: Baguley; Dunnington; Fazakerley; Gravesend; Hindley; Isle of White; Leamington Spa; Oldham; Prestatyn; Telford, Preston, Norwich, Kingsbury, Wath-upon-Dean, Swindon, Liverpool, Blackburn.
- Project: Aldi New Stores (UK)
- Area: 2,500m²
- Paver type: Mixture of Concrete & Natural Stone Flags
- Product/s: Resiblock Resiecco
- Date: January 2013
- Download PDF