The Treaty Shopping Centre
The Treaty Shopping Centre situated in the heart of Hounslow in London, has over eight million visitors a year. A modern indoor shopping mall, with surrounding high-street shops and department stores, it is an attraction that has people coming from all over the UK to sample the array of shops and food outlets.
With an average footfall of around 150,000, concern was expressed with regard to food and chewing gum staining and paver de-stabilisation from cleaning regimes (pressure washing, vacuum sweeping).
Resiblock offered from its significant range of specialist paving sealers, Resiblock Resiecco, a water based solvent free paving sealer suitable for both internal and external application. The same is used at sites such as Manchester United Football Club and The O2 Arena, London. The product when applied to the paving will stabilise the jointing sand preventing its erosion from manmade forces, significantly reduce staining from food and drink, virtually eliminates residual staining of chewing gum oils, providing effectively maintenance-free paving.
Resiblock Resiecco is a one pack material, it is broadcast over the surface of the paving with simplistic tools and does not require any specialist labour. It will bind the paver jointing sand preventing its erosion from trafficking, natural elements and manmade cleaning regimes.
Benefits at a Glance
- Prevents joint sand loss from cleaning regimes
- Significantly reduces staining by food and drink
- Virtually eliminates residual staining of chewing gum oils.
- Inhibits the growth of weeds and grass in the joints
- Solvent-free, environmentally-friendly
- Project name: The Treaty Shopping Centre
- Client: Hounslow Highways
- Contractor: Ringway/Eurovia
- Site: The Treaty Shopping Centre, Hounslow, London
- Project: The Treaty Shopping Centre
- Area: 740m²
- Paver type: Reconstitued Concrete Block Paving
- Product/s: Resiblock Resiecco
- Date: September 2015
- Download PDF