Sea Road, South Shields
Originally laid in 2005, the ‘maritime environment’ paving that has been wowing visitors on South Shields sea front has undergone refurbishment. The paving consisted of a variety of blue and green Concrete Block Paving (CBP) and ‘golden’ Concrete Flags to help create wave, sand and land patterns.
At the time of installation Council Leader, Councillor Paul Waggott said: “This is a new system of paving and represents a major environmental improvement to the seafront area.”
With the paving serving an environmental purpose in the South Shields Area, South Tyneside Council were keen to ensure that the refurbished paving would continue to provide a long-lasting solution to the pedestrian walkways on the Sea Front. As such, it was determined, as it had been in nearby Ocean Road, that a sealer was required to prevent paving failure.
Having seen the performance of Resiblock at the nearby Ocean Road site, South Tyneside Council saw no reason to change sealer when similar requirements came about for Sea Road. As such, Resiblock ’22’ A.F was selected from Resiblock’s range of Commercial Paving Sealers. Resiblock ’22’ A.F can be applied on a variety of pavers, making the sealer the perfect choice for the mixed use of CBP and Concrete Flags on Sea Road.
Benefits at a Glance:
• Single component – fast cure, ensures rapid re-use of the facility
• Significantly reduces staining by food and drink
• Virtually eliminates residual staining by chewing gum oils
• Stabilises jointing sand and inhibits the growth of weeds and grass in joints
- Project name: Sea Road, South Shields
- Client: South Tyneside Council
- Contractor: Council Contractors
- Site: Sea Road, South Shields
- Project: Sea Road, South Shields
- Area: Sea Front Pedestrian Walkways
- Paver type: Blue Concrete Block Paving & Concrete Flags
- Product/s: Resiblock 22AF
- Date: May 2019
- Download PDF